Our latest EB5 case approval:
Redacted EB-5 Approval
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Programs allows an individual to invest the minimal required amount into a direct investment or regional center that will create jobs for other individuals in the United States.
This program was first enacted in 1990 by U.S. Congress to stimulate the U.S. economy. A successful EB-5 Investor will obtain a Green Card for themselves, their spouse, and their children under the age of 21.
The qualities of investing in a Direct EB-5 are the following:
- The Investor has full control over his or her money;
- The Investor has to invest the following minimum amount:
– TEA (Targeted Employment Area) Zones: $500,000.00
– Non-TEA Zones: $1,000,000.00
- The Investment must create at minimum of 10 direct jobs;
The qualities of investing in an EB-5 Regional Center are the following:
- The Investor has to invest the required amount of $500,000.00;
- Regional Centers has an Administration Fee of an average of $50,000.00;
- The Regional Center, not the Investor, must create the minimum of 10 direct or indirect jobs;
- Choosing the right Regional Center is critical in both financial return and also to ensure that the clients obtains the Green Card; we encourage investors to seek professional financial advice from independent financial brokerage firms and / or their own financial and tax advisors before making any financial decisions or choosing their project;
- There are several U.S. Regional Centers in the U.S.; for an up to date list of all the existing Regional Centers, please visit the USCIS website here
There are benefits of choosing to invest in a Regional Center (RC) vs. investing in a Direct EB-5:
- The Investor in RC can live anywhere in the United States;
- The Investor with RC option generally does not have to worry about job creation (responsibility of the RC);
- The Investor has no responsibility as far a working at the Regional Center, and can carry on with whatever work they wish;
- The Investor with RC option generally does not have to worry about day to day operation of the project.
**Please be aware that the minimal requirement for the investment amount is subject to increase.
In order to take part of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, the Investor must first decide whether they wish to move forward with a Direct EB-5 Investment or with a Regional Center.
Majority of Investors move forward with working with a Regional Center especially since they would not have the responsibility of the day to day operation of the business.
Upon USCIS’s approval of the Investor’s petition, the Investor will be provided with a conditional permanent residency card (Green Card) for a two-year period.
Approximately 90-days prior to the expiration of the residency card the Investor must apply to have the condition on the Green Card removed. If approved, USCIS will remove the conditions placed on the residency card of the EB-5 Investor and their family members.
**For information on the common issue of filing an EB-5 Petition for Iranian Citizens, please refer to our Article here: