EB-3 is also known as the Employment-Based Third Preference and this immigrant visa is for individuals who want permanent residence in the United States. If you are a professional, skilled or non-skilled (Other worker), then you are eligible for this visa category.
Professional workers are individuals who are members of the professions and their job requires a U.S. bachelor’s degree or an equivalent foreign degree.
Skilled Workers are individuals whose job requires at least 2 years of experience, training and education. Its nature should not be temporary or seasonal and it should be a full time job. They must meet the job requirements in terms of their educational, experience, and training level.
3-Non-skilled (Other workers)
Non-skilled (Other Workers) are individuals who perform non-skilled jobs, and whose job requires less than 2 years of experience, training, education and is not temporary or seasonal.
EB-3 Visa advantages
- You will receive permanent residency in the United States (U.S. Green Card)
- Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 can receive permanent residency with you.
- Your derivative family members have permission to work and study in the United States
- EB-3 Visa requirements are less strict than any other permanent immigrant visa. Thus, your chances of being eligible is higher
- Premium processing is available for EB-3 Visa category
Professional workers qualifications
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree or equivalent foreign degree and a full time, permanent job offer
- Show that there are no other available United States workers
- Meet any other requirements of the labor certification
Skilled workers qualifications
- Meet the requirement of two years experience in the job offered and any other special requirements listed in the labor certification
- Show that there are no other United States workers available
Non-skilled (Other workers) qualifications
- Meet the job requirements for a position that requires less than two years experience and is neither temporary, seasonal or part time.
- Show that there are no other United States workers available.
Visa issued each fiscal year for EB-3 Visa
A percentage of 28.6 of the total 140,000 Employment Based Visas, in addition to any unused EB-2 or EB-1 Visas. Moreover, only 10,000 are issued for Non-skilled (other workers) sub-category of EB-3.